The Keyto Diet the ketogenic (keto) diet is a high-fat, moderate-protein, and low-carbohydrate diet. The goal is to get your body into a state of ketosis, where it burns fat for fuel instead of carbohydrates. Typically, the diet restricts carbohydrate intake to about 20-50 grams per day.
- Weight Loss: Many people turn to the keto diet for its weight loss benefits. Fat becomes the primary fuel source, and the body taps into its own fat stores more effectively.
- Blood Sugar and Insulin Levels: The keto diet can lead to a reduction in blood sugar and insulin levels, potentially benefiting those with diabetes or insulin resistance.
- Appetite Control: Some people report reduced hunger while on the keto diet.
- Mental Clarity and Energy: Some proponents claim improved mental focus and sustained energy due to stable blood sugar levels.
- Potential Therapeutic Benefits: Historically, the keto diet has been used to treat epilepsy in children. Research is ongoing into its benefits for other neurological conditions.